Monday, October 17, 2005

the following excerpt is from a feedback about a particular module by some unknown freak

"I got back my weekly test no. 6 recently and felt that the marking was not fair. A comparison with my friends, I realised that there should be 2 markers for the scripts. Of course one was lenient than the other. There were no ticks or any markings by the marker who was more lenient and usually those were the scripts which scored full marks even though their answer to the last question was apparently wrong. My point is though the more strict marker is good as he/she points out our mistakes to us by writing the correct answer on our scripts, nonetheless I felt that it would be unfair for us because these marks are taken into account for our finals. I hope that you would look into the matter and address the problem."



this is how absurb pple can get. they complain about this and that. just a pathetic few weeny marks or so they complain like hell as if it will rob them of their life or wat
u know.. everything goes full circle. and its true that there are 2 markers, one more lenient, the other more strict. but sometimes,depending on luck, u get the lenient marker.BUt by complaining, or rather, giving a feedback, u ENSURE that in e future, markings will all be strict.that is. u suffer too. now WOULd u be complaining if u get the lenient marker n get full marks instead? n each test by the way is only 10 marks. and we have 10 test altogther n we are suppose to take the 6 best out of 10.
u see y i m so sick of sch? pple here are so not cool.
although its not really my problem since i HAVE CLEARED all my 6 tests. (no not all 10 marks la)but still. this is just a example to show how competitive pple in chem eng are.
DAM SIAN. i tell u. i mean not that i m not a mugger or concerned abt my grades. but not to such a kiasu extent. mayb thats y i dun do as well as the rest ?
watever.

No comments: