Tuesday, January 23, 2007

haha i got into deans list at ISU. really sweet way to end my semester there. i study half as hard.play so much. had a great life. sigh..those were the days

anyhow..been really long since i blogged.kinda lazy....kinda busy..
for those who dont already know.
i am now currently on intern at exxon mobil.working at e faraway land of jurong island.i wake up at 6am, reach home at 6pm. my friends are the uncles and old engineer and techinician.

anyway support esso guys. haha pump ur petrol there.
my job title sounds cool--an analytic. i analyse products and stuff at the singapore alcohol and aromatic plant. for the past few days i had to mugg 4 analyser manuals, and how the plant work. today. i tagged along with my supervisor for a meeting with the engineers. today.they gave me my enginneer attire. which includes a fire retardant suit. a helmet. safety google. soon. i will be going to the plant site. i met alot of youngfemale engineers who are quite pretty. haha
anyhow my outift looks like this.see the 2nd pic. hahahah i think i will look like a hot babe in it.




i used to think engineering wouldnt suit me. come to think. today at the meeting, i actually felt quite interested in the stuff they were discussing. i could kinda understand some stuff. in a way. maybe its good thing i am working at jurong island instead of harbor front. i feel that maybe i can learn alot more stuff here. and apply what i learn in chem eng for the past 2 yrs or so. in a way.it may sound crazy. i actually want to do more stuff and be busy at work rather than sit and do nothing and waste my life and time away. n i feel working at the plant site allow me to really see in real life the stuff i have learnt. heat exchanger, valve, pumps etc. i m glad i took design last semester. so that PID diagrams dont seem to strange to me.

maybe an engineer's job suit me also. since as u all probably know i m quite tom-boyish. n office job probably wont work for me as i will probably fall asleep. plus i dont like to dress up.so a mixture of office work n site work may be a good thing.
i saw my job scoop. its abt. well. using analyser, working with maintenence grp, talking to vendor, doing some cost estimation and abt 4-5 projects. sweet.
that plus HR 2002. my life.is pretty packed. no time for other stuff. monday =sch from 6-9pm. and now,must go to sch to do project on weekends. well...in a way.its good. keeps me thinking abt stuff. haha. and i realise i m going to turn 22. pretty old.cannot afford to waste time. must learn and experience more stuff in life.

my mum is now worried. the other day when i was in the car with her i was lamenting abt how life has been monotonous for me ever since i cam back from states. nothing exciting to look forward to.to which she told me its time to get a guy. to which i said. monogamy and relationship is kinda boring. i want to have more lovers at a go.
truth is. i m not in the mood for love.my heart is still in ames. haha lets see how long i can last.
singapore's really getting crowded. nus is getting horribly packed. jams. human jams. hordes of student rushing to get up 96.i swear i was going to explode as the bus meander along and stop at every single stop waiting for the millions of students.argh. and there seems to be 1001 traffic lights.
i honestly miss the peace n flat land of iowa. the ISU campus. never so chaotic. cyride's never so packed. my Hr tutor was talking abt relaxing whenever one has the time to do so. i think i must really try to do that n not get frustrated when i see the hordes of nus students trying to squeeze up the bus. that aside. HR's pretty interesting. talking abt changes and how we must constantly adapt to our environment and change accordingly in order to survive. did i change a lot after i came back? i dont know. mayb more talkative. liking freedom more.. in US, i also learned abt being more polite. singaporeans guy. are really. ugh. ungentlemanly. and of cos. thanks to the american girls, my friend cherry and roosa. i learnt abt putting makeup. not that i did put on much there or back here. but i remember on grad night i was reading abt ''make-up for dummies'' and that was the day i realise theres something called foundation and loose powder. note. i learnt abt makeup.doesnt mean i m gonna don them. like i say. i still cant be bothered to dress up.fer what?

i miss travelling. i honestly want to look for a job that allow me to travel or to be stationed somewhere. exxon's not bad. haha .
ok this is a freaking long and draggy post. time to sleep.

No comments: